The Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) changed the documentation guidelines that retailers and manufacturers must follow to ensure public safety. One segment of the FSMA law — the Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) — calls for compliance by May 2017. We have begun to invite key food suppliers with foreign facilities into our new Supplier Hub to enter their required supplier certifications and other documentation.
As a Kroger food supplier with foreign facilities, you will need to update your information in the Supplier Hub by providing ALL of the following:
- GFSI-benchmarked certification (or in the process of becoming certified, with confirmed audit dates prior to bidding)
- Full third-party food safety audit reports, including non-conformances and corrective action plans
- Internal food safety plans (also known as HACCP)
- Any additional certifications stated in your specific branding agreement
For more information, please watch the video below. If you have any questions, please contact the Kroger Supplier Engagement Group:
- e-mail: SupplierCompliance@Kroger.com
- phone (US): 844-277-6165 (select option 2)
- phone (outside US): +011 513-387-1140 (select option 2)
- Kroger FSVP Policy
- Kroger FSMA Agreement Intro Letter
- Kroger FSMA Agreement 05-15-2017
- Link to the Supplier Hub
Note: Suppliers will be invited to the hub. Login credentials will be e-mailed to you. Please do not try to access the hub until you have received this invitation e-mail.