The numbers are staggering. 1 in 6 Americans don't know where their next meal will come from. 48.8 million people are food insecure. They can be co-workers and neighbors. That’s why feeding the hungry is the heart of our community engagement.
We’re working to end hunger – one meal at a time.
Food & Funds
- Last year, we donated the equivalent of 200 million meals through local food banks--including much-needed items such as fresh meat, dairy items, fruits, vegetables and bakery products that allow food banks to provide quality food to local families.
- Our Bringing Hope to the Table our annual commitment to local food banks provided $3 million in cash in 2014.
- Daily, our store associates rescue safe to eat food from our stores for our perishable donation program.
- Grants from The Kroger Co. Foundation allow local food banks to expand their services.
- Our associates provide thousands of hours of volunteer service to end hunger.
- Kroger managers serve on the boards of local food banks, providing guidance on food safety, logistics, facility operations and fundraising.
For more about our efforts to end hunger, visit www.bringinghopetothetable.com