Food stores are our primary business and account for approximately 94% of total company sales. Our convenience and jewelry stores and manufacturing facilities contribute the remainder of total sales. The information below is current as of March 6, 2014.
- We operate 2,640 grocery retail stores in 34 states under nearly two dozen banners. Our formats include supermarkets, price-impact warehouse stores, and multi-department stores, which are similar to supercenters, but offer an expanded variety of national brand appeal and general merchandise. State by state facts can be seen here.
- Kroger also operates 786 convenience stores under six banners in 19 states. Our C-stores provide valuable synergies for the rapid expansion of our supermarket fuel centers.
- 320 fine jewelry stores under names like Fred Meyer Jewelers and Littman Jewelers. This is a high-margin business with good cash flow.
- Kroger is the only major U.S. supermarket company to operate an economical three-tier distribution system.
- Kroger also operates 38 food processing or manufacturing facilities producing high quality private-label products that provide value for customers and enhanced margins for Kroger.
- Kroger operates 1,240 supermarket fuel centers, which are a natural addition to our one-stop-shopping strategy.
- Kroger's 2,109 pharmacies, located in our combination food and drug stores, provide high quality services at everyday low prices.